Pages

DIY Wooden Casserole Tray

Pin It Now!

DIY Wooden Casserole Tray

Check out what I just BUILT!  Wooden Casserole Trays... and I did it all by myself!
I saw a cool tray like this on Pinterest a few weeks ago so I pinned it and then after I read the easy tutorial, I decided to try my hand at a little woodworking.  Please keep in mind that I had never used a miter saw or a compressor nail gun before but I learned quickly that it's a lot of fun!
I enjoyed making the tray so much that I made several more the following day.  
I'm thinking... Christmas Gifts!???!!!

Here are a couple of action shots so you can see that I actually cut my own wood and built the trays MYSELF.  After I cut the first piece of wood, I belted out in song "I'm Every Woman..."  My husband rolled his eyes at me... I think he gets that from my daughter :)

So here's what you need:
2 pieces of 1" X 4" (6 ft pieces) 
Gorilla Wood Glue
Nail Gun
Saw
ASCP Paint
ASCP Clear Wax
ASCP Dark Wax
Sand block in medium grade
I got my wood at Lowe's and got the two 6 ft pieces so they'd fit in my car.
Here's the TUTORIAL that I used from "Shanty-2-Chic"
I used ASCP on all of these trays with dark wax (which completely changes the paint color)


Pictured From Left: Chateau Grey, Duck Egg, Country Grey

HANDLES:
The country grey handle is from Hobby Lobby and the other two are from Lowe's.



And it holds my 9 X 13 inch glass dish perfectly :) YAY ME!

My DIY Wooden Casserole Tray is linked up at these great parties...

The Southern Institute Pin It Now!

19 comments:

  1. Great idea! Love the colors and handles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole...this is SO awesome. I can't seem to pin it fast enough!! Love the idea of it for Christmas presents! I think all of our teachers and grandmas will all be getting these this year! So happy you linked this up. I can't wait for your party on Friday! I'm adding you to my list of parties. Thanks bunches for the invite.

    {HUGS},
    kristi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are so cool! I dream of working with power tools! You are a woman I certainly admire.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicole, it's brilliant! I love it and the colors you chose. Fabulous idea for gifts, and we should really be getting on top of that gift making by now, shouldn't we. I always tell myself, do it in August and somehow it's September before I know it. Thanks for the tutorial!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are fantastic and I love the colors too. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to just drive on over to your house every morning and see what you are working on in your garage. ;-) You need to teach me time management so I can find time to do all the projects on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The wooden casserole tray is BRILLIANT!!!!!
    No more spilling it while you travel a couple of miles in the car!
    AND it's cute too......
    Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pinned it!
    Visit me at http://www.crystelleboutique.com/
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Every Woman!! U Rock girl love those Nicole- we don't have those kind of power tools anymore or I would give them a try this weekend. Beautiful!!
    RaNae
    pinning it btw

    ReplyDelete
  11. Came over from Rustic Restoration. Brave, brave woman! I get a small power tool from Santa each year (though he is embarrassed to say the present is for his wife!). BUT I do not have a saw like that (What a beauty!) or a nail gun (I might not be brave enough for that one!)

    Love the trays and the colors you chose. Just add me to your Christmas list!

    Distressed Donna Down Home

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is an awesome idea! You did a great job--way to go! I think I may have to make one or two of these myself :) Thank you for linking this up to Rustic Restorations Weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this! I'm not a power tool girl but maybe I can get my hubby to make me a few of these! I'm always carrying things off to the school or hubby's work and these would be perfect to use.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are just the smartest kiddie in the city!!! Have had a ball browsing through your blog! Thanks so much for sharing at the Tuesday To Do Party! Can't wait to see what you link up this week!
    Smiles!
    Jami
    www.blackberryvine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. You go girl! What an awesome project and a great gift idea!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I l.o.v.e. this idea. Your casserole holders are absolutely beautiful. I wonder if between now and the holidays, I can become one of your good friends...

    altered-artworks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Call me inspired. Think I'll give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  18. To make this wooden tray which is the best wood adhesive for fixing.

    ReplyDelete