Pages

Painted Sleigh Bed

Pin It Now!

This one didn't get a name... why? Because I will not ever paint another sleigh bed ;)  It's just a huge, monotonous job.  I love, love, love the way she turned out but I seriously nearly lost an arm with all the painting and sanding on this one.  

She is painted in ASCP Old White with hemp oil (MMS) on top.  I adore her and think she is so pretty all painted and distressed.  

She has a lot of character with those raised panels on the headboard and footboard.  With the medallion grooved trim, she's just lovely.  





I hope my guests will enjoy her - as she now resides in the guest room.










Pin It Now!

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful Work!! Does hemp oil over any kind of chalk paint work well? I have been wanting to try it and was wondering how it holds up compared to wax. Also, I am a big fan of ASCP and recently saw mudpaint. Do you prefer either over the other and if so why? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like both paints but there are many more color options in AS chalk paint. I really prefer using hemp oil as a protectant. The only issue I have found is that it can "yellow" the paint if used over white or cream.

      Delete
  2. I am about to start a project on a smaller bedframe and was just curious if you had advice about how long to let the wax "cure" before putting on bedding and having guests in. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,
    This blog is fantastic; Beds you show us are very beautiful and gorgeous, also interesting and is really good written. It is just great!! This is the appropriate blog for anybody who want to search about Sleigh bed. Thanks for sharing these ideas.

    ReplyDelete