Pages

Painted Sleigh Bed

Pin It Now!

This one didn't get a name... why? Because I will not ever paint another sleigh bed ;)  It's just a huge, monotonous job.  I love, love, love the way she turned out but I seriously nearly lost an arm with all the painting and sanding on this one.  

She is painted in ASCP Old White with hemp oil (MMS) on top.  I adore her and think she is so pretty all painted and distressed.  

She has a lot of character with those raised panels on the headboard and footboard.  With the medallion grooved trim, she's just lovely.  





I hope my guests will enjoy her - as she now resides in the guest room.










Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful Work!! Does hemp oil over any kind of chalk paint work well? I have been wanting to try it and was wondering how it holds up compared to wax. Also, I am a big fan of ASCP and recently saw mudpaint. Do you prefer either over the other and if so why? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like both paints but there are many more color options in AS chalk paint. I really prefer using hemp oil as a protectant. The only issue I have found is that it can "yellow" the paint if used over white or cream.

      Delete
  2. I am about to start a project on a smaller bedframe and was just curious if you had advice about how long to let the wax "cure" before putting on bedding and having guests in. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would let it cure for 24-48 hours.

      Delete