Pages

How To Hang Ribbon Garland On Tree

Pin It Now!


I decided to write this post when a few people asked me "how I made the ribbon do that" after I posted my tree pic on Instagram last week.


So, here we go.  The pictures below are from my living room tree.  I used a "Peacock Ribbon" from Hobby Lobby.  I love the tree but I warn you, not everyone in my home LOVES it like me.  They think it's a little too blue but it's just ribbon, I can change it out next year.  First of all, I used one roll of ribbon on the red plaid tree.  It was ribbon I found in my attic from the dollar store a couple of years ago.  Sorry, I don't have any more info on that ribbon but I do know that I only used one roll.  That tree is significantly smaller than my Peacock Tree.  The Peacock Tree required 5 rolls of ribbon!  Seriously!

First cut the ribbon in strips about 30 inches long and fold it in half.
 
 Then poke it into the tree, wedging the fold between branches.
 Allow the natural curl of the ribbon to "do it's thing" and curl.
 This gives the optical illusion that it's winding through the tree in one continuous piece of ribbon.
 Stagger the ribbon pieces throughout the tree.
 Let it wrap around the ornaments
 and at the bottom of the tree too.

Here's the PEACOCK RIBBON from Hobby Lobby
By the way, I love the tree with all it's BLUE-NESS.



Yes, my tree is leaning.


Happy Tree Decorating!
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment