Pages

Pistachio Muffins

Pin It Now!

Pistachio Muffins


I just LOVE pistachios.  I think they are my favorite nut. 
Not only do they taste WONDERFUL but they are also
good for my heart, my blood, my nervous system, eyes, immune system and skin!
Another added bonus is that they are high in protein and curb my appetite.
So, I decided to incorporate these little green wonders into breakfast.
I used my basic muffin recipe and tweaked it just a little bit.
I must say, they turned out awesome!  
I hope you will enjoy them too.



Pistachio Muffins

1 c. sugar
1 c. buttermilk (or regular milk)
2 eggs
1/4 c. applesauce
1/3 c. olive oil (EVOO)
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla flavoring
2 c. self-rising flour
1 c. chopped pistachios (finely grated)
A drop of green food coloring (to tint them, not required)

Mix the above ingredients, reserving a small portion of the pistachios to be sprinkled on muffins after they are poured into muffin pan.  Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.

*Tip* I buy the pre-shelled pistachios and drop them into my NINJA blender - it grates them perfectly.
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment