Pages

Streusel Banana Bread

Pin It Now!

This bread is wonderful!  It is one of my very favorite recipes.  
The banana bread recipe (itself) is from Baboo (my grandmother's) recipe box.
When I got married 20 years ago, I sat at her kitchen table and wrote down my favorite recipes from her kitchen.  This was one of those that I jotted down.  I've been making this bread ever since.  Baboo loved banana bread and she made it often when I came to visit.  This is her original recipe but it's been altered with my addition of a streusel topping.  It's an amazing combination.  One that I'm sure she'd love and oh, how I wish I could share it with her today!

Bread Ingredients:
1/4 c. butter, softened
1 c. sugar
4 bananas, mashed (older bananas are best)
2 eggs
2 c. self-rising flour
1/2 tsp. vanilla flavoring

Streusel Ingredients:
1/2 c. self-rising flour
1/4 c. dark brown sugar, packed
1/4 c. butter, softened
1/2 tsp. cinnamon

Cream butter and sugar.  Mix in bananas and eggs, then add flour.  
Pour into greased bread pan.
In a separate bowl, mix streusel ingredients until crumbly.  
Sprinkle streusel on top of banana bread batter.
Bake at 300 degrees for 1.5 hours.



Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment