Pages

Gift Wrap Modge-Podge Table

Pin It Now!

Picture Tutorial

I'm so pleased with how my little table turned out!

This is what it looked like before (below).
I hand painted all those little diamonds on the table 10 years ago.  It was adorable.
But serving as a painting, building, sewing, art table for the past several years…
it had taken some definite abuse!

 I needed to re-vamp this table so I started out by painting it with ASCP "old white"
But I wanted to do more so...
 I found adorable gift wrap at Home Goods.  Isn't it soooo cute?
I started out by measuring the surface of the table 
and then cutting the paper a little larger than the table top.
Using a sponge brush, I applied a HEAVY coat of Modge Podge to the entire table top.


Then, I applied a heavy coat of Modge Podge to the under-side of the wrapping paper.











I placed the paper on the table, very carefully.
Then, I used a (dry) foam roller and pressed the paper to the table, working out any bubbles.
Then I smoothed the surface with my plastic silhouette card.  You can use a credit card. 
This helped to work out all the air from beneath the surface.

After I had the paper smoothed out, I used a sand paper block to remove the edge of the paper.
Then, I applied an even coat of Modge Podge to the paper's surface.
I let it dry for about 20 minutes and then reapplied the Modge Podge.
 The following morning, I covered it with Polyurethane, as a sealer and top coat.
I am so happy with the results!












Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment