Pages

The Sisters

Pin It Now!

The Sisters

I bought these beautiful matching end tables back in April and I've been itching to paint them since.  
I wanted to keep their sweet spirit but also give them a bit of a modern update.  
I chose ASCP "Old White" for the tables and drawer pulls.  
I used ASCP "Duck Egg" on the stenciled drawer facings.




This (below) photo was taken after the first coat of paint was applied to the drawer pulls.  
I ended up applying two coats and used a sponge brush for the application.  
I lightly sanded them with a fine grain sand block.  
Then, I rubbed clear wax into the paint after they were dry.  
This is such a great way to reuse old hardware and save a little money!



This stencil is from Royal Design Studio.  It's a really pretty stencil.  
I thought it suited the sisters perfectly.  
You can see how pretty the drawer pulls turned out in this photo, too.




Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. These little table are gorgeous! What a great before and after.

    xoxo, Tanya
    twelveOeight

    ReplyDelete
  2. You painted these two "sisters" beautifully. Love the color combination. I see these type of nightstands sometimes, and wonder if I could transform them...thanks for the inspiration.

    http://altered-artworks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great project, Nicole!! I would love for you to link this post to my Tasty Thursdays linky party going on right now. Thanks, Nichi
    http://mandatorymooch.blogspot.com/2012/12/tasty-thursdays-20.html

    ReplyDelete