Pages

Graphite Armoire

Pin It Now!

Graphite Armoire

I recently finished this piece for my daughter's room.  I found it on Craigslist for $50 and it came in a set with a nightstand... I just haven't had a chance to paint the nightstand yet.

This is the before pic...  WOoHOo! I actually remembered to take the before pic this time :)

I used ASCP Graphite, Pure White and Florence paint colors on this piece.  
I started out by painting the entire thing with 2 coats of Graphite.   

After that paint dried, I used a dry brush technique to apply Old White (very lightly) 

 and a little Florence (also applied very sparingly)

 I only dry-brushed the drawer and cabinet facings and then distressed them just a bit.  
I didn't sand or distress the top or sides.  

 I found these SUPER COOL pulls at Hobby Lobby.  
It softens the piece up a bit, don't you think?


Overall, I'm thrilled with this piece of furniture.  
It is SOLID and sturdy with plenty of drawer space for my "Little Tween"


Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment