Pages

Staging Built-In Bookcases

Pin It Now!

A little makeover...       A little chalk paint...       A BIG difference

This is the AFTER picture.  It's crazy how quickly things can become outdated.  My built-in bookcases in my hearth room were decorated (by me) about 6 years ago.  I used a lot of picture frames and a lot of gold accents when I originally staged them.   There were Indian accent pieces (remember the bamboo and elephant decor phase about 10 years ago?) They were starting to look old and out of style.  I didn't want to spend a fortune redecorating them so I got a little creative.

This is what they looked like before...

With a little chalk paint, I transformed some of the items.


I used a combination of ASCP "Provence" and "Florence" on this gold tin.  


I used ASCP "Aubusson"on the clock

ASCP Florence was the color choice for this mini trunk.



And I painted ASCP Duck Egg on this old bottle that I found.  
I thought the roses were so pretty... it's hard to believe it was originally a liquor bottle!

I also bought a few mercury glass accent pieces and added them to the mix.
After Christmas, I will take down the gold frames and decor on the mantle.  I plan on adding more mercury glass items to that area.

Here's an up close photo of each bookcase...


















Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. Nicole, what a great idea! So simple, yet so effective. You have inspired me to give my home a similar update.

    Antonia x

    http://tidyawaytoday.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete