Pages

Plank Wall

Pin It Now!

As you can see in the photo below, I was trying to decide on a new paint color for this wall.  Then I changed my mind and decided to build a plank wall.  I love the plank wall look.


First of all, we CAREFULLY pulled off the baseboards.  
Thankfully, they were reused after the wall was built.
That saved us a lot of time and money.


Then, we just started measuring piece by piece. 
Because of the stair slope, we used a miter saw to cut an angle on one side of the plank.


The cut outs for the electric outlet and wall switch were a little tricky but I think we only had one mistake that caused us to make a second cut, and that goes for the whole wall.  Pretty impressive!


So, here it is with all the wood nailed up.


Then I had to tap in the nails and use wood filler on top of nail holes.
This created a more finished look after it was painted.


I also caulked alongside all the wood trim and the baseboards.
I wanted a little pop of color so I painted it this great color.  
The top photo shows the true color more accurately.




All finished.  I love the character it added to this room.



Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment