Pages

DIY Canvas Photo

Pin It Now!
I took lots of door photos while I was in Europe this summer.  
I loved how colorful and beautiful they were.
With this latest project, I was able to incorporate those beautiful doors 
into my decor for very little money.


Supplies for one canvas 8 x 10 photo:

Matte Finish Modge Podge
Paint Brush
(2) 8" x 10" Art Canvases
8 x 10" Photo (Costco Photo has the BEST quality)
Exacto knife

This is super easy and the effect is amazing! It looks like an expensive, professional photo canvas.



First, paint a coat of Modge Podge on one of the blank canvases.
Also, paint a thin coat of Modge Podge on the back of photograph.


Then, attach the photo to the canvas and allow Modge Podge to dry, about 20 minutes.After the attached photo is dry, paint a thin layer of Modge Podge on top of the photo.

Then, immediately press the other unused canvas, face down, onto the wet Modge Podge photo.
You may want to lift and repress a few times and in different areas.
You'll see the canvas imprinted into the Modge Podge.

Allow to dry for an hour.
Use the exacto knife to trim away any overlapping edges.

If you are using a thicker canvas, paint the sides black, for a professional look (as shown above). 
This canvas hides my thermostat, it's on hinges.  Read the tutorial here.


 I loved this door knocker - isn't it cool?

I took this photo on a beach in the French Riviera.  
The beach was made of these smooth, beautiful stones rather than sand.
Yep, that was taken with my iPhone. Impressive, huh?

We made these frames with leftover beadboard and I used them to frame three of my favorite doors.
Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. These are REALLY cute! I love the canvas idea....I'm going to try that. I have done something similar with photographs on to wood but this is really awesome. So basically, you need to have the photograph printed the size the canvas, correct?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Denyse! All you need is a photo the same size as canvas. I really like quality of Costco prints Fyi 😉

      Delete