This is what the baskets looked like originally.
I measured each basket and cut fabric 3/4 of an inch wider, tall and longer than each measurement.
The long pieces is the measurement of the basket from the top side, around the base and back up the other side. The small squares are the two ends of the basket.
I found the center of each piece and then pinned them and sewed them together.
Then, with right sides facing each other, I sewed the corner seams together.
The last step was to turn down the top and hem the edge.
These covers fit snugly around the baskets.
I used fabric hot glue to keep the inside edges in place.
I think they look so much better than before!
You can view the details of this furniture transformation here.