Pages

NO SINK Chocolate Chip Muffins

Pin It Now!



My kids LOVE chocolate chip muffins.  If you read my blog, you already know that we have muffins every Sunday morning.  It's our tradition.  I usually make somewhat healthy muffins with applesauce, oatmeal, fresh fruit, etc but every once in a while, I make up a batch of their favorites.  The only problem was that the chocolate chips always ended up on the bottom of the muffin, leaving the top of the muffin bare.  I tried several things including thickening the batter to fix the problem with no luck until I discovered this little trick.


Best ever
chocolate chip muffin recipe

Ingredients:
1 c. sugar (raw sugar is best)
1 c. milk
2 eggs
2/3 c. EVOO
1 tsp vanilla
1 c. quick cook oatmeal (UNCOOKED)
2 c. self-rising flour
1 bag of chocolate chips


shhhhere's the secret:  
Mix up the muffin batter but don't add the chocolate chips yet!
Pour batter into greased muffin cups and then add 5 chocolate chips to the top of each muffin.
*I left one muffin plain (for my weenie dog - see photo)
She gets a muffin on Sundays too!  
That's her only table food - don't judge!
Anyway, back to the trick - stick the muffins in preheated 400 degree oven for 5 minutes.  Set your timer and then remove them after 5 minutes.


Pour the remaining chocolate chips on to the tops of all the muffins (except the doggie's)
and replace pan in oven.  Cook for 15-18 minutes more.


You'll find these are the most perfect muffins with evenly dispersed chocolate chips throughout!

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment