Pages

DIY Slip Pillow Tutorial

Pin It Now!

DIY Slip Pillow Tutorial


 I have made many of these pillows and they are super easy!  You can literally make a pillow in 15 minutes and they are washable because they slip right off that's why I call them "slip pillows"!  I made these pillows last year for my sofas...



envelope side of pillow pictured above

Cocoa just had to get in the picture, she loves these pillows too!

We just had this arbor and deck built on the back of our house this month and I got new patio furniture which I'm loving! I wasn't crazy about the throw pillows that came with the set though!  So, today (in an hour) I made some new pillows!  I bought this fabric at Premier (of course) and it's outdoor fabric so it won't fade, mildew, etc.  I simply covered the pillows that came with my furniture... I didn't even remove the other fabric or piping.  That way, I can change them easily and I won't have naked pillows while my slip covers are being washed from time to time ;)



So, this is what you do...
Measure your pillow.  This pillow is 18" x 18"
I cut a piece of fabric measuring 18.5" x 42"  
*YOU GET THIS MEASUREMENT BY TAKING THE HEIGHT OF YOUR FABRIC AND ADDING .5" AND THEN THE WIDTH DOUBLED PLUS ADD 6 INCHES.

Now that the fabric is cut, I turn under the two short edges and hem 1/4".  Then I turn one end under again and sew (this leaves no raw edge on the outer flap)
Then fold your pillow together (right sides of fabric facing) and pin the edges.  You want this to measure the width of your pillow and you want your finished edge to be on the bottom so that when the pillowcase is turned, the edge that is hemmed under twice will be on top.

Now, you sew those two sides of the pillow.  Then turn your fabric right side out.  I use something with a blunt edge (like a ruler) to push the corners out.  
And there's your pillow case... slip your pillow inside and it's all finished!

 Here's a link to Premier Fabrics... www.premierprintsfabric.com/

Looking for pillow forms?
You can find wholesale pillow forms at great prices at Pillow Cubes
















Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment