Pages

DIY Fabric Napkins

Pin It Now!

Chevron Napkins Tutorial


I love fabric napkins. 
They are...
so classy 
so southern 
so thoughtful
Growing up, my mother always had fabric napkins at each place setting. 
She still does, even with all her grand babies... everyone uses cloth napkins!
Maybe that's why I love them so much.
I love napkin rings too.
You can really create an incredible place setting with a pretty napkin and a cool napkin ring.
Attach a place card, tied on with a ribbon... ahhhhh, so lovely!
Anyway, fabric napkins are quite pricey. I mean it's rather insane to pay anywhere from $4 to $8 for a square piece of fabric that's hemmed around the edges... can I get an "amen"?
It's also crazy to pay that when you have a room FULL of cool scrap fabric and a sewing machine.
This project is so easy.  As a matter of fact, it would be an excellent beginner sewing project.
Just follow the steps (listed below) and you'll have 8 napkins in less than an hour.
I'm thinking about asking for a serger for my birthday, 
that would make this project take about 20 minutes!




STEP 1: Cut 8 squares measuring 18 inches x 18 inches.

STEP 2: Turn under the edges 1/4 inch and sew. 
(You can pin the edge if needed)

STEP 3:  Turn the edges under again and sew.

That's it!  You're finished.  Now, how easy was that? 

And for chevron printed napkins... you just saved yourself $48!





Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. These are beautiful! By any chance do you remember where you bought the fabric? I've yet to see a good heavyweight grey/white chevron. I love it :)

    ReplyDelete