Pages

Portobello Mushroom Burger

Pin It Now!

Portobello Mushroom Burger

Don't let the name fool you, there is actually NO meat on this burger! My sweet husband made one of these for me a few weeks ago (as a healthy option) when the rest of the family was eating burgers for dinner.  Well, let me just say that this was the best burger EVER! It's become my favorite meal this summer and since he made that one burger for me a few weeks ago...he has since made a dozen of them.  I seriously cannot say enough about this delicious summer grill meal!

I get my ingredients at "The Fresh Market" (the following recipe makes 4 burgers)...
2 large Vidalia Onions
2 packages of Sliced Portobello Mushrooms
1 Nicely Ripened Tomato
4 Kaiser Rolls
Get a good, sweet VIDALIA onion! Slice it and then drizzle a little EVOO all over and sprinkle it with salt and pepper. Put them on your preheated grill (medium heat) and brown them (about 10 minutes).  Since we really like our onions caramelized, we take them off the grill and wrap them in aluminum foil, then we stick the foil packet on the grill and leave them there
(until everything else is done and ready to eat)
Now, moving on to the second key ingredient...the perfect portobello mushrooms!  Prep the mushrooms just like the onion... with salt and pepper and EVOO.  These will go directly on the grill, over medium heat and will cook for about 3-5 minutes per side. 

The Kaiser rolls from Fresh Market are to die for!  They should also be placed on the grill for just a couple of minutes to lightly toast them. 

Ahhh... Tomatoes!  Finally good tomatoes are in-season and when they're good, they're so very good! (if you know what I mean)  Pick out a pretty, red, soft, juicy tomato and slice it just right.  Don't forget the salt and pepper!

You can add a little spicy mustard, lite mayo or A1... whatever you like.  You are going to love these sandwiches! 

Sliced pineapple or halved peaches on the grill... this is a great side item.  Mmmmmm.  I'm getting hungry!

I hope you've just found your NEW FAVORITE SUMMER MEAL!






Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. This looks so good! My mouth is watering! Can't wait to try it! :-)

    ReplyDelete