Pages

Homemade Maple Syrup

Pin It Now!

In the 1970's, when I was a little girl, I lived in Hong Kong.  We were able to eat and prepare a lot of our favorite American foods while living there but some things were difficult to find and maple syrup was one of those things.  My Mom happens to be one of the BEST cooks in this world and while I was growing up, she always cooked at least 2 meals a day - breakfast and dinner.  Breakfast was always my favorite and my mom's waffles and pancakes are legendary!  She made homemade syrup when we lived in Hong Kong and after returning to the States, store bought syrup would never do - for any of us!  The tradition has continued and my own kids have hardly ever had store bought syrup (at my house) thanks to this great recipe.  Really, this is almost as easy as popping a store-bought syrup into the microwave!  If you've ever had Cracker Barrel's syrup, this is very similar… although I think it's better.

Maple Syrup Recipe

Ingredients:
3/4 c. water
1 c. sugar
1/2 tsp. maple flavoring

Instructions:
Bring water and sugar to a boil, turn down to medium heat and continue boiling for 3 minutes.  Remove from heat and add maple flavoring.  Stir and serve.




Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment