Pages

Healthy You - Zucchini Rotini

Pin It Now!
This recipe is super easy and it is one of my kid's all time favorites!
The great thing is that it contains carrots and zucchini and my youngest, pickiest-eater doesn't even realize it because it's color is disguised in the pasta.
I try to always keep a carrot and zucchini in the fridge along with some rotini pasta in the pantry.  
It's a "GO-TO" recipe when I have nothing else to fix for dinner!


Ingredients:
1-2 carrots, peeled and diced
1 large zucchini, peeled and diced
1 tsp EVOO
1/4 tsp garlic salt
10-12 oz. rotini pasta
1/2 c grated parmesan cheese


Bring 4 quarts of water to boil.
Boil pasta as directed on package.

Heat EVOO in skillet over medium heat.
Saute carrots and zucchini in the EVOO.  
Cook until tender.
Sprinkle with garlic salt.

Mix veggies with cooked pasta.  Sprinkle with cheese and serve.

*Sometimes, I add cooked rotisserie chicken to this recipe and it's delicious



Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment