Pages

Half Bath Remodel

Pin It Now!
Photobucket
I LOVE to paint furniture, decorate, create... so why wouldn't I just LOVE remodeling my half bath?!!??  Surely I have all the experience needed to take on a project like this!  After all,  I religiously watch "Rehab Addict"! That's as good as formal training, right?  This was a lot HARDER than I thought it would be but there were moments that I felt so satisfied, I felt ready to become a reality makeover star... Are you watching... my friends at HGTV?  at DIY Network?  I could really add some drama to your shows!  You want unexpected surprises and problems?  I've got it covered!
Just look at this beautiful beveled mirror!
And that gorgeous movie star vanity light!
Why would we dare change this bathroom?
Actually, as much as we didn't like the mirror and vanity light, we really didn't have any issue with this bathroom and there were probably other areas of our house that were higher on our list of priorities but we were at Lowe's one Saturday morning and came across this awesome tile... on sale!  And of course I had seen a BEAUTIFUL pic on Pinterest...


It all started with...
Photobucket



Then, I removed the ugly toilet paper holder that looked like the below ugly towel holder and I left a HUGE hole in the wall.  That baby went right through the sheetrock!  
But never fear cause we are putting up...
Photobucket
I love me some Beaded Board!!!





Photobucket

 Then, I started painting the cabinets... Using ANNIE SLOAN CHALK PAINT, of course.  This was my first experience with this paint but I had read so many testimonials and tutorials that I just had to order some and get started!


 This was SO easy to do.  I love the way the distressing turned out!




Photobucket


and we replaced the hollywood light with a more modern updated look.








Photobucket

So, you remember that ugly towel rack?  Steve was on his way out of town (after the tile, light and beaded board were installed) and he said,

"Do not remove that towel rack!  We do not want to deal with sheet rock repair work.  I know you hate it but you are going to just have to find some cute towels or something to hang on it"

Hmmmm... He left and I tore it out of the wall! Now, let me explain my line of thinking...I decided this was a gift to him because either I was pulling it out and repairing it (free of charge) or I was hiring a sheet rock guy to do it for me.  Even if I screwed it up, the worst thing that could happen would be that I'd have to call that sheet rock guy, whom I would have been calling anyway.  One way or another, that towel rack was going DOWN!  Follow my line of thinking?  I didn't tell him anything, only that I had a big surprise for him when he returned home!

Before & After

I patched the drywall, speckled, sanded and repeated SEVERAL TIMES.
Then I primed it and VOILA!
(just think of all the money I saved by doing this myself)
Note to HGTV Producers... I am available for hire!



Photobucket



We changed out the ugly standard faucet with this pretty new "brushed nickel" faucet.  By "we" I mean "Steve".  (Just remember that from now on)




Photobucket
Annie Sloan Chalk Paint "Old White"










Photobucket
We still have to hang the mirror, change the sink drain and I need to do a painting to hang on the wall.  
I'll keep you posted! 
Pin It Now!

11 comments:

  1. Bathroom is looking great! So excited about new blog too. :) when you get on HGTV, I get to tag along as your personal assistant. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! The rug and tile really make the space. Thanks so much for your sweet e-mail and for including me on your side bar. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your bathroom! The gray beaded board is amazing!
    We are running a Before and After Link party to support Habitat for Humanity, with a chance to be featured on other big blogs and win gift cards. Would love if you entered! http://www.oneprojectcloser.com/2012-before-after-series/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Big improvement. Your tile caught my eye because it's the same pattern that we used in our kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for linking up and grabbing a button!!! feel free to share the contest with your readers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, look at you go with tilling, painting and wainscoting. I'm impressed. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been planning to redo our half bath for some time now and those awful towel/TP holders are my biggest decision obstacle. I hate them too! To make it worse, the previous owner painted them. Ugh. I think I'll do beadboard or B&B too, but I like to see that you successfully patched the holes. Thanks for the motivation to get my butt in gear!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful job! Love the choice of materials!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The mirror totally changes the look of the bathroom. It is great you have focused your attention to those details and I think you have matched colors and decoration just perfectly.
    http://www.anyclean.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your bathroom renovation looks so beautiful! I'd love to pin it to the Home Depot tile pinboard if you wouldn't mind! tub refinishing

    ReplyDelete